XFCE on Debian: Display lockups

Jonathan Hepburn jonathan.hepburn at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 03:20:22 CET 2007

On Nov 12, 2007 12:29 AM, Yves-Alexis Perez <corsac at corsac.net> wrote:
> On dim, 2007-11-11 at 11:37 +0100, Maximilian Schleiss wrote:
> > Is this fix only for the debian package or is it part of the branched
> > or
> > trunk version of xfwm4?
>
> We backported a patch from the 4.4.2 branch, afair.
> --
> Yves-Alexis Perez

Whatever happened, it appears to have worked. I have just run XFCE
with the updated xfwm once now, but it was a long session involving
GTK heavyweights Firefox and the Gimp, as well as a lot of
disk-thrashing DVD ripping and burning (legal! All legal! Home movie!)
and nothing went wrong.

Thank you to everyone who responded, or fixed the problem in the first place!

Slainte,
Jonathan