Can I use orage under a different WM?

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue May 29 14:56:22 CEST 2007

I think orage may be just the application I need.  I used to use Xfce
but now (sorry folks) I've moved to fvwm2.

Is there any way I can get orage to run under fvwm2?

I have installed xfce 4.4 (which includes orage) but when I run
orage under fvwm2 although it seems to start up nothing appears
on the screen.  In the terminal window where I run it I see:-

    home$ orage
    ** Message: Orage **: Too small icon size, using static icon

    ** Message: Orage **: Build alarm list: Processed 0 events.
            Found 0 alarms of which 0 are active. (Searched 0 recurring alarms.)

... and that's it, nothing appears but orage is running:-

    home$ ps -ef | grep orage
    chris     2926  2854  0 19:48 pts/4    00:00:00 orage
    chris     2928  2854  0 19:49 pts/4    00:00:00 grep orage

So is there something simple I need to do to get it to work or does it
need some part of the Xfce window manager to work?

--
Chris Green