Themes

tomw at videotron.ca tomw at videotron.ca
Fri May 18 14:51:48 CEST 2007

I'm installing Xfce for a friend who just can't live without changing themes once a week.

 A few questions:

Once upon a time (4.2) the Xfce-base, Xfce-engine and Xfce-goodies packages
where available as seperate Gui installers. I can only find the base package on
sourceforge. Has the theme engine been merged into the base installer for this
release? (Maybe available from different server?)

My reading of the available documentation suggests that the Xfce-theme engine and
various Gtk-theme engines must be installed in the same sub-diirectory.
Problem is Xfce seems to break if you try to install Xfce to any directory other than
/usr/local and Ubuntu installes to /usr.  Could this problem be solved with a few
symbolic links.  (An examble would be helpfull.)

Thanks for any suggestions offered