xfce4 mailwatch plugin question

Jason Keltz jas at cse.yorku.ca
Wed May 16 15:54:23 CEST 2007

Hi everyone,

I have a question concerning the xfce4 mailwatch plugin (a separate
"goodie").  (Brian??)

Under xfce 4.2, the previous libmailcheck.so would allow me to configure
my global xfce preferences so that when any user started up xfce for the
first time, the mail check would automatically look in /var/mail/$USER.
I can't seem to find a way to configure this with the newer xfce4
mailwatch plugin.  I want to setup an appropriate default so that it
will check /var/mail/$USER (mbox) for each user by default.  Is this
possible?

Also, any idea why there is a minimum 1 minute check time?  I can
understand this for imap or other protocols that go external, but for
mbox, checking say, every 30 seconds, isn't really a major problem.

Jason.