Desktop Icons

Jim Summers jsummers at cs.ou.edu
Tue May 8 20:57:21 CEST 2007

Hello List,

I am just starting out with xfce.  I was attempting to change the icon theme
to a set of icons that I have been using for a couple of years now in gnome.
It is called OSX.  In the UI dialogs I am able to select it.  I didn't think
it was working because there were no visible changes on the desktop or panels.
  But then I noticed that the 'Filesystem' icon was correct, Just 'Home' and
'Trash' were not changing.  Then I plugged a usb drive in and sure enough it
picked up the proper icon.  Then I was using thunar and noticed that all of
the proper icons were displayed there.

So I created an, xfdesktoprc file in ~/.config/xfce4/desktop that I was able
to turn off the home and trash shortcuts with.

I found a thread in the xfce forum that mentioned creating a desktop file and
then running thunar against it somehow.  But, I can't figure out where those
desktop files are, and then if thunar is already displaying the proper icons,
I didn't think it would help on the desktop ones.

I am running on a x86 FC6 system with xfce installed from the fedora repositories.

Ideas / Suggestions?

TIA
--
Jim Summers
School of Computer Science-University of Oklahoma