mem leeks

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue May 8 19:01:24 CEST 2007

On Tue, 08 May 2007 16:32:43 +0200 Mathias Brodala wrote:

>Hi Brian.
>
>Brian J. Tarricone, 01.05.2007 18:30:
>> On Tue, 01 May 2007 11:53:01 +0100 somethin2cool at yahoo.com wrote:
>>
>>>from gmane.linux.debian.user
>>> "These are known memory leaks in xfdesktop[0] and
>>> xfce4-menu-plugin[1]. There is
>>> not much you can do about it; I for myself periodically kill
>>> xfdesktop and restart it to free some memory."
>>
>> The known leaks in xfdesktop and the menu plugin (actually the same
>> leak) are fixed in 4.4.1.
>
>This can’t be since xfdesktop still is as hungry as before.

Then prove it: show me valgrind logs with the sections highlighted that
you believe are real leaks.

> And if you
>claim that the leak is gone, why is the related bug report[0] still
>open?

Because someone (probably me) forgot to close it.  There, it's closed.
Open a new bug for new memory leaks.  The F5 leak should definitely be
fixed.

>> Don't believe everything you read ^_~.
>
>But this is proven and I must know it; I posted it.

I don't see any proof of anything.  xfdesktop doesn't leak anymore for
me.

	-brian