btw: icon management

Stefan Schwarzburg stefan.schwarzburg at googlemail.com
Thu May 3 13:24:25 CEST 2007

Hi,
1.) Beryl should do nothing to your icons.
2.) You can't use Beryl without Emerald or (I think) Heliodor.
3.) Just so that we talk of the same thing: Xfce has a settings manager.
There you can select the "User Interface Settings" or the "Window Manager
Settings". Since you have Beryl installed, the window manager settings are
not interesting for you. If you want to change the icons go to "User
Interface Settings". There you can change either the gtk2 theme or the
icons. Since you said something about icons at the beginning of you mail, I
guess that you want to change the icons: Go to "Icon Theme". Now click on
whatever icon theme you like. This should change your icons. At least all
the icons that are affected by a theme. Because not all icons are. For
example: if in a .desktop file (in /usr/share/applications/) there is a
specific file mentioned as the icon, then changing the icon theme will not
change this file and therefor not change the icon in the menu.

So: did you do something like I described here? And what happened?
Cheers,
Stefan

2007/5/3, somethin2cool at yahoo.com <somethin2cool at yahoo.com>:

> As far as I know, my icons are managed by the xfce manager, and are
> called Rodent.
>
> Since I added Beryl, I have Emerald (which I don't want) and even though
> it seems like xfce (sorry i don't know the specific component name) is
> in cahrge, if I change between Rodent and Gnome themes in teh settings
> manager, nothing happens.
>
> I really like the rodent theme and would like it back, but don't want to
> uninstall Beryl (which has Emerald as a dependency)

Institut für Astronomie und Astrophysik
Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
Sand 1   -  D-72076 Tübingen
schwarz at astro.uni-tuebingen.de