Request to have CTRL shortcuts work on Terminal

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 01:40:29 CET 2007

On 3/20/07, OrionBelt <orionbelt2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just added the following request on the XFCE wiki:
>
> http://wiki.xfce.org/wish_list#terminal
>
> and i thought i might also post it on this list:
>
>     *      I also used to be a user of konsole. I am impressed by
> Terminal and would like to switch to keep things simpler, but the
> following is a show-stopper for me: When i switch to a non-latin
> keyboard layout, the various CTRL shortcuts (CTRL-A, CTRL-E etc.) no
> longer work. They do work under konsole, so I guess there must be a
> way for Terminal as well?

I hate to put a damper on your day, but this is not so much a "I'd
like a magical panel plugin that reads my mind and attracts
UNICORNS!!!" wishlist type request as a good old "yeah, someone should
fix this"

Please file a bug at
bugs.xfce.org

> Thanks for a very nice environment! :)

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room