Rippling effect when moving windows or scrolling

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Mon Mar 12 14:05:37 CET 2007

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> TerryJ wrote:
>
> If you have a nVidia card, why not using the open source "nv" driver
> instead?
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

AFAIK, I'm using the "open source" driver.  I did not get a driver from
nVidia but I'm thinking of doing so.  I've been given a link about DPI
but it means almost nothing to me.  I've had to put KateOS in the hobby
basket for now (which means I'll get almost nothing done on it).  The
link, as a matter of interest, is
http://http.download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/1.0-8178/README/appendix-y.html

Regarding Ron Johnson's question, I'll have to look through KateOS's
repository/ies to find out which version is installed.  I'm surprised
that there is, apparently, such a major change for the worse in Vesa.  I
don't know what is happening to free software.  So many apps I use seem
to be getting worse instead of better. :-\

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS 0.93 and KateOS 3.2. www.revivalcentres.org