Bahaviour regarding several workspaces

Andreas Tille tillea at rki.de
Mon Mar 12 09:44:12 CET 2007

Hi,

after upgrading from Debian packaged version xfce4  4.3.99.1  to
version 4.3.99.2 I noticed a changed behaviour which I regard as
really confusing.  I'm using a desktop with a matrix of 3x3 workspaces.
I have a certain scheme to place applications into these workspaces.
For the sake of simplicity I introduce a numerbing scheme to describe
the problem better here on this list:

             1   |   2   |   3
          -------+-------+-------
             4   |   5   |   6
          -------+-------+-------
             7   |   8   |   9

Formerly (in version 4.3.99.1) I was able to navigate for instance
from 1 to 3 via <Ctrl>-<Alt>-<Right> and then the focus sticked to
workspace 3 even If I pressed once more <Ctrl>-<Alt>-<Right>.  This
changed in version 4.3.99.2 and now the focus turns over to
workspace 1.  I really do not like this but I was not able to find
an option to turn the behaviour to the old one.

A furtherthink I'm missing in xfce in general is that I did not
found a configuration option that enables me to have a window
partially on more than one window.  Imagine a large window that
is larger than the screen.  Sometimes it is not possible to
see all controls.  Other windowmanagers I used (for instance
fvwm and sawfish) were able to show the upper half of such a large
window say in workspace 1 while the bottom part was displayed in
workspace 4.  I consider this very convinient and I wonder if there
is a hidden configuration option to accomplish this.

Kind regards

             Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de