[OT]Re: Problem on installing K3b

Stavros Giannouris stavrosg at hellug.gr
Sun Mar 11 16:21:56 CET 2007

Στις Sun, 11 Mar 2007 22:50:46 +0800 (CST)
Ο/Η Stephen Liu <satimis at yahoo.com> έγραψε:

> Hi folks,
>
> arch64 0.8
> Xfce4 desktop
>

> I installed Xfce4 basic on this box which has no vedio/graphic editing
> packages running.  Just tried to install k3b and met with
> frustration. Steps performed as follows;
>
> # pacman -S k3b

<snip a lot of package manager output>

> checking package integrity... done.
> checking for file conflicts...
> error: the following file conflicts were found:
>   mesa: /usr/include/GL/gl.h: exists in filesystem
>   mesa: /usr/include/GL/glext.h: exists in filesystem
>   mesa: /usr/include/GL/glx.h: exists in filesystem
>   mesa: /usr/include/GL/glxext.h: exists in filesystem
>
> errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

First of all, this is a package manager error, totally unrelated to
Xfce. You should have more luck in their mailing list and/or bugzilla.

This error is from the 'mesa' package, conflicting with the binary
nvidia (or ATI) driver. If you installed the driver from the generic
installer, then remove it, perform the installation and install it
again. Or use the distro's package.
If you use the package however, it is a packaging bug and should be
reported.

> Pls advise how to fix the problem.  Alternatively is there a reliable
> dvd burning package specifically for Xfce4.  K3b is for KDE desktop.

A couple of interesting gtk-based cd burners are graveman and brasero.
And there is xfburn in an early stage of development.

Stavros Giannouris                          Jabber: stavrosg at jabber.org
PGP Key: http://members.hellug.gr/stavrosg/GnuPG.key
"Hello. I'm a signature virus.
Please copy me to your signature  to help me spread"