Install Xfce4 removes kdevelop & vice versa in Debian Sid.

Richard/g richard.holt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:46:05 CET 2007

I have a conflict between Xfce4 and Kde on up-to-date
Debian Sid.

When installing Xfce4 (3.99.2 from Debian repository)
apt-get wants to remove kdebase-dev, etc.

When reinstall kdebase-dev apt-get wants to remove
xfce4-desktop, etc.

So, currently use Xfce4 and boot another partition to
compile krusader. Fortunately not every day, but it is
sort of like dual booting windows, a PITA at the least.

Has anyone managed to get these 2 to play together?
It seems to involve the fam utility and dependencies.
Thanks for any ideas.  I've searched, asked in several
places, but so far no solution.

regards,
Richard.