Menu of applications?

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jun 20 14:07:01 CEST 2007

I used to be able to have a panel icon that contained a list of
applications from which I could select as I needed them.  If that
feature is still available it eludes me?  I have Appfinder but it
doesn't show everything available in FC-6 such as "serviceconf" which
hardly justifies an icon of its own but I might have trouble remembering
the command on the infrequent occasions I might want it.  There are
others ...  As it is I have two edges of the screen filled with icons.

Can someone point me in the right direction?  It appears that this must
be xfce 4.4.

Bob Goodwin