Can I control my contrast with software?

Todd and Margo Chester ToddAndMargo at verizon.net
Mon Jun 4 02:30:47 CEST 2007

Hi All,

  Please forgive this somewhat off topic post.

  I am using XFce 4.4.1 and CentOS 5.0 (RHEL 5 clone).

  Problem: my monitor's contrast button does not work.
This normally does not cause a problem, except with
flash videos, which are very dark.

  When I can view a video with splayer/mplayer, I
can use their internal video equalizer and adjust
my contrast.  But, no such adjustment exists
in my Flash player.

  I there some global software contrast adjustment
in XFce or other component, that I can use to adjust
my contrast, like in splayer/mplayer?

Many thanks,
-T