Printer Settings not Applied

Richard (Rick) Seay lists.seay at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 22:21:05 CEST 2007

I am using Xfce 4.4.1 on FreeBSD 6.2 with the native BSD-LPD printing
system.

When I print a simple text document from within Mousepad, the settings that
I have made in the Print Dialog aren't applied.  It's as if a2ps is always
invoked as "a2ps -=lp".  When I make changes to the settings and save them,
the changes are saved in ~/.config/xfce4/printsettings.xml and appear the
next time in the Print Dialog, but they aren't applied.  Using a2ps from the
command line works fine, as does printing from other applications like
Firefox.

I've searched, but I've been unable to find anyone else with this problem.