Changing names of desktop icons and panel colour

andy geek_show at dsl.pipex.com
Wed Jul 18 19:50:53 CEST 2007

Olivier Fourdan wrote:

> Erik Harrison wrote:
>
>> [*] Jasper/the world can correct me if I'm wrong, but if any manual
>> system of making the background color change were implemented, I'm not
>> sure it would be inherited by the plugins, and thus you'd get your
>> smog grey behind all your various panel widgets anyway.
>>

> Actually, some gtk themes do set a different background pixmap for the
> panel, but as you said, it doesn't work with plug-ins, so the results
> are sometimes odd, visually speaking.
>
> Cheers,
> Olivier.

OK thanks - have changed the theme, and it now looks a bit better (can
one download additional themes?), so thanks for that. Having just come
from Gnome I'm aware that with both Gnome and KDE that the panel is
configurable in terms of colours, etc.

How about changing the names of the desktop icons? Is this doable?

Cheers