where can i put the mount options for a usb flash disk?

cathayan cathayan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 18:18:07 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am running xfce4.4 on debian sid, with thunar and thunar-volman to
use the usb flash disk.
it works when i plug the usbdisk to the computer and thunar popup a
new window. but i need
pass some options to the mount, such as iocharset=utf8. i have tried
to put this option in the /etc/fstab and mkdir /media/usbdisk, but
when i plug the usb disk, thunar says "only root can mount ...to
/media/usbdisk". also, thunar can give the usbdisk a name of
"KINGSTON" automaticallly, it is great.

so, my question is how to pass over the mount options while keeping
the thunar advantages?

thanks.

cathayan at gmail.com
http://blog.cathayan.org