Composite manager causes graphic gliches

polytan polytan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 14:29:43 CEST 2007

2007/7/17, Yogiz <yogizz at gmail.com>:

> On Tue, 17 Jul 2007 07:47:12 +0200
> polytan <polytan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I use the radeon driver with ati 9600 pro AND I have dri enabled !
> >
> > You just have to use a recent driver (May or June 2006) and It's ok
> > (with mesa, etc.). I can use compiz-fusion and xmoto, everything onto
> > xfce.
> >
> > Moreover, I prefer to use only xfce because the desktop has a better
> > configuration (and compiz doesn't really add fun features (compared
> > to the stability with xfce) (that's just my opinion and it's not the
> > debate here)).
> >
> > I used these HOWTO (for gentoo, but you can try them) :
> >
> > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_DRI_with_ATi_Open-Source_Drivers <=
> > section with the modules compiled with the kernel (ok with 2.6.21 and
> > 2.6.22, I just had to add a few links and permissions
> > to /dev/dri/card0 ) http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_compiz-fusion
> >
> > Personally, I *really* prefer the open source driver because a lot
> > more stable with this graphical card !
> >
> > If you want, I can post my xorg.conf.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Polytan
> >

> Well, the thing is, I need OpenGL for games. If I didn't I'd go with
> open-source drivers. Thanks for your suggestion though.

So, it's really simple, use the fglrx driver, with a 2D desktop and you will
be able to play OpenGL games. (don't use compiz and opengl games and fglrx).

fglrx doesn't support compix with aiglx, you must use radeon in order to
have compiz (and you should be able to play OpenGL games like xmoto).

Amitiés,

  -=( Polytan )=-