Setting custom icon for panel plugin in xfce4-mcs-manager does not work

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Tue Jul 10 22:50:05 CEST 2007

Hi Erik.

Erik Harrison, 10.07.2007 22:31:
> On 7/10/07, Mathias Brodala <info at noctus.net> wrote:
>> Brian J. Tarricone, 10.07.2007 04:11:
>>> You're using it wrong.  Might want to check --help output.
>> Ah, OK. (Hm, xfdesktop4 does not really seem to handle this well. I restartet
>> xfce-mcs-manager after this and got a lot of broken icons in its right click
>> menu. Only restarting xfdesktop4 solved this.)
>
> You're going to see weird behavior from all your apps if you restart
> xfce-mcs-manager, is manages the Xsessions, and is needed for apps to
> get the GTK theme, and icon theme. So that's not surprising.

Yeah, you’re right. Seeing a GTK1 interface was quite nostalgic, though.

> You still haven't mentioned how you finally ran gtk-update-icon-cache.

$ gtk-update-icon-cache .icons/Tango-Black-Materia

> And as for Thunar, Thunar starts in folders other than home if it's
> working directory is other than home. Did you start it from the
> command line?

Then it obviously starts from the $PWD. But if I launch it via xfdesktop4’s
menu, it always starts in .icons/Tango-Black-Materia. And as I said, all the
other apps too. Really annoying, hope this is gone after the next logout/reboot.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules