Setting custom icon for panel plugin in xfce4-mcs-manager does not work

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Mon Jul 9 22:44:23 CEST 2007

Hi Brian.

Brian J. Tarricone, 09.07.2007 22:16:
> Mathias Brodala wrote:
>> Brian J. Tarricone, 09.07.2007 19:04:
>>> Nothing's wrong.  The icons in the settings manager itself are not
>>> themeable.
>>
>> <http://download.noctus.net/gallery/caps/xfce-mcs-manager.png>
>>
>> As you can clearly see, these are not the default icons, but mine.
>
> Whoops, I must have been thinking of something else.  Did you rebuild
> the icon theme cache file for the theme that you added your custom icon
> to?  (See gtk-update-icon-cache.)

No, never saw that command before and never needed it. I fixed all the other
icons by just placing the correct file into my icon theme’s directory and
restarting xfce-mcs-manager. Ran gtk-update-icon-cache now just in case but did
not get any different result. Only a warning when trying to force the refresh:

> $ gtk-update-icon-cache -f
> No theme index file in '(null)'.
> If you really want to create an icon cache here, use --ignore-theme-index.

This is also something which I never needed before. The other icons do work
after all …

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules