Problem with XFWM4 ALT Mouse click

Manuel Barros Reyes manuca at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 08:45:00 CET 2007

Hi, I am having some problems with xfwm4 trying to disable the
ALT+click function that moves and resizes windows. After reading the
documentation I found that I have to create a file in my home
directory, specifically: /home/manu/.config/xfce4/xfwm4/xfwm4rc with
the single line:

easy_click=false

After restarting xfwm4 I noticed no changes. I also found some older
documentation that said that I should place that file in
$HOME/.xfce4/xfwm4rc but that didn't work either.

I would appreciate very much if someone could help me with this
problem as it is interfering with Autodesk Maya for Linux. My xfwm4
version is 4.3.99.2 and I am working on a Debian Testing distribution.
If you need more specific information about my hardware,etc please
ask. Thanks in advance. Manuel.