[OT] a text editor that is not mousepad :/

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Sat Jan 27 08:39:19 CET 2007

Ron Johnson wrote:

> On 01/26/07 19:34, TerryJ wrote:
>
> <snip>
>> I installed an OS this morning which uses Xfce as the default desktop
>> and it has *medit*, which someone mentioned earlier.  I've tried it and
>> the big disadvantage it has for me is that it is very difficult to open
>> hidden files, because of the type of file selector used.  In fact, I did
>> not discover how to open hidden files with it.  As you know, there are
>> many things to configure and change before an OS works the way you want
>> and it's just so much easier and less time-consuming to use kate.
>>

> The /File Selector/ won't show hidden files, but File->Open will by
> right-clicking in the "list of files" and choosing "Show Hidden Files".
Thanks.  I actually believed there was no way to open hidden files with
such selectors and, for that reason, have a folder called "Unhide" which
contains unhidden symlinks to certain hidden folders.

Getting information in Linux can be like getting blood out of a stone.
I discovered from this list a day or so ago that I may be able to use
Orage as an alarm reminder - which means one less Kde app I need to
use.  I've been trying to find a replacement for that application for
about 20 months.  Googling and Yahooing and posting on Linux forums
produced nothing. :-\

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org