[OT] a text editor that is not mousepad :/

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Sat Jan 27 02:34:25 CET 2007

Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Hello Randy.
>
> Randy Dunlap, 26.01.2007 17:39:

>>> How about that one: http://www.triptico.com/software/mp.html.  A new
>>> release has just appeared on gnomefiles.
>>>
>> Looks nice.
>>
>> or maybe http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html
>>

> I can’t recommend that one since it doesn’t support UTF-8 without BOM.
>

> Regards, Mathias
I installed an OS this morning which uses Xfce as the default desktop
and it has *medit*, which someone mentioned earlier.  I've tried it and
the big disadvantage it has for me is that it is very difficult to open
hidden files, because of the type of file selector used.  In fact, I did
not discover how to open hidden files with it.  As you know, there are
many things to configure and change before an OS works the way you want
and it's just so much easier and less time-consuming to use kate.

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org