Minor issues with Xfce 4.4 on FreeBSD

Michael Lestinsky michael at uugrn.org
Fri Jan 26 11:01:32 CET 2007

Hello Guy,

Guy Brand <gb at isis.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

>   Michael, can you try the weather-plugin? We are several people here
>   using FreeBSD+xfce and the plugin is completely broken for us (does
>   not find a location when searching, does not update values, does not
>   switch from imperial to metric units when asked, etc.) and it is not
>   related to network access (dumping xml data from xoap.weather.com
>   using a web browser works like a charm).

So, I had it running for some time now. I'm not sure, but I have the
impression, that the only thing not working reliably is the automatic
update. I mean, Updates occurred some times, but I guess, they were all
triggered by me, somehow (e.g. modifying some settings of the plugin).
Everything else seems to work fine here.

Bye,
Michael