Orage: notifications?

juha kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi
Fri Jan 26 07:12:15 CET 2007

Mathias Brodala kirjoitti:
> Hello everyone.
>
> I’m not sure if I’m missing something, but shouldn’t Orage offer notifications
> (via libnotify for example) when an event is about to start? But I can’t find
> something like that the settings dialog.
>

> Regards, Mathias

You can find and define these notifications in alarm tab
in appointment window. Setting the alarm time non zero
should cause a window to appear before the event start.

Orage uses its own windows instead libnotify. There are
no options currently in settings for visible windows. You
can only define which program is used for sound type
alarms. Using libnotify would add dependency on it and
dbus would also be needed. It is a nice idea however.

/Juha