mousepad future

Xavier Otazu xotazu at cvc.uab.es
Wed Jan 24 20:44:20 CET 2007

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 20:26:20 +0100
xfce-request at xfce.org wrote:

> One of the main reasons why I don't use Mousepad is because it
> doesn't have syntax highlighting. Most of my text editing involves
> either writing bash scripts or HTML markup.

My opinion about mousepad is that it should be like it is now. The
idea behind mousepad is that it should be a VERY SIMPLE and LIGHTWEIGHT
editor (in fact, I think it is not so lightweight)

If users want a lightweight texteditor with more functionalities, they
can use nedit.

In fact, nedit uses much less memory (5.5Mb) than mousepad (8.5Mb) and
is (and starts) as fast as it. Furthermore, nedit has much more
functionalities than mousepad (tabs, sintax highlight, macros, etc). The
only difference is that mousepad is more eye candy.

cheers

Xavier