Announce: Xfce 4.4.0 released

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Jan 24 20:22:34 CET 2007

Bo Thide' wrote:
> Auke,
>
> I respect that you, and perhaps even most other typical xfce users out
> there, like the current default look and feel of xfce.  That's fine and
> dandy.  But then you should respect that in a professional setting like
> ours, we would be happier with another look and feel.  Not a simpler,
> more primitive one, but a stricter, more uniform, elegant and
> sophisticated one.

those are very subjective words. "Strict" and "elegant" are also
contradictionary in my perception. Again we're talking about personal preferences.

However, nothing prevents you from skinning and theming Xfce to your hearts
desire. Nitpicking over a few arrow pixels results in the obvious "then fix it
yourself and maintain it" defense, which is highly appropriate.

Nothing stops you from pursuing that. I'd even encourage you to do so and become
a good 'alternative xfce theme' maintainer.

Cheers,

Auke