Orage and ical servers?

Dave N6NZ n6nz at arrl.net
Tue Jan 23 08:51:43 CET 2007

juha wrote:
> Dave N6NZ kirjoitti:
>> Hi,
>>     Just saw the announcement for xfce 4.4 and am considering moving
>> over from BlackBox { this->codeBloatHater = true; }
>>     Anyway... I can't find much in the way of documentation for Orage,
>> perhaps I am not looking in the right place.
>>
> Orage documentation can be found by starting Orage
> and going into Help in the main window.

OK, but that's not a real useful place for it for those of us trying to
decide if it's worth the time to download and compile the whole xfce
release.  Can I suggest that somebody pull the documentation out of the
code a put it on line?

>>     My Q: Will Orage work with an ical server?  I'm running one under
>> webdav to sync Mac OS X iCal calendars and Mozilla calendar plug-in
>> calendars, and also viewing with phpiCal.  I need to move off of the
>> Mozilla/Firefox plug-in, obviously.  Orage looks like a nice option.
>>
> No, there is currently no support for ical servers.
> Orage only manages its own local ical file.

Thanks, that answers my question.

If it really is just a .ics file, though, it seems like a simple
work-around for "publish only" applications would be to simply use rsync
or something to push the .ics file to the webdav server.  Unless I'm
missing something??

-dave