Several issues after upgrade to 4.4.0

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 17:59:56 CET 2007

On 1/22/07, Stephan Windmüller <windy at white-hawk.de> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> After upgrading my previous installation of xfce(4.2.4) to 4.4.0, some
> things do not work anymore. In detail those are:
>

> - Various icons are not displayed. This includes all icons in
>   xfce-setting-show except for xscreensaver. Also the lock/quit-button
>   in the panel is empty.
>
> - When I click on the xfce-menu-button, nothing happens. Errors from the
>   log:
>
>   | CRITICAL **: dmp->desktop_menu is NULL - module load failed?
>   | CRITICAL **: xfce_desktop_menu_need_update_impl: assertion
>   |  `desktop_menu != NULL' failed
>   | CRITICAL **: xfce_desktop_menu_get_widget_impl: assertion
>   |  `desktop_menu != NULL' failed

Out of curiousity, did you do an install to ~/local or did you install
system wide? I got an instant message last night from a buddy with the
same trouble in a single user install

> - A right-click on the desktop shows no effect.
>
> - xfce4-tips does not show any text. fortune is not installed, but I
>   expected an error message or so.
>

> I used the graphical installer to compile this version. What can I do to
> fix these problems?
>
> TIA
>  Stephan

Erik

<@kazin> why does php have 'echo' and 'print'?  Do they do different things?
<Bluefoxicy> kazin:  echo prints in a big empty room