Announce: Xfce 4.4.0 released

Bo Thide' bt at phisp.irfu.se
Mon Jan 22 16:25:38 CET 2007

Hi,

Having 25 years of experience as a power user in professional/corporate
UNIX environments, notably X11/Motif/CDE for the past ten years or so,
I was happy to finde xfce when I started to use a UNIX-like OS (Linux)
on laptops some five years ago.

Currently running xfce_4.4RC2 on OpenSuSE 10.2, I miss the possibility
of creating a CDE look and feel of xfce4.  This was possible in
earlier releases.  What I am looking for is a CDE-like front (bottom)
panel.  Does such a thing still exist for xfce?

But, above all, I miss the CDE graphical shell dtksh.  It should not be
too difficult to implement in xfce.  Anything along these lines going on
out there?

Best regards,

Bo