Menu editor crashes when I try to open /usr/lib

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Sat Jan 20 09:40:11 CET 2007

Jean-François Wauthy wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-01-20 at 10:35 +1100, TerryJ wrote:
>
>> There was no appearance of the editor in each case.  I conclude that gdb
>> cannot run the xfce menu editor. =-O
>>

> Oh yes it can :p
>
> use gdb xfce4-menueditor as command
>
> (gdb) run
>
> wait for a crash (or not :)), if it crashes
> (gdb) bt
>
> HTH

This sort of thing is all in a day's work for you, I suppose.  My
interpretation of your message and the results follow:

- - - quote - - -
[terry at localhost xfl]$ gdb xfce4-menueditor
GNU gdb 6.3
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandrake-linux-gnu"...
(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/i686/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/bin/xfce4-menueditor

[2]+  Stopped                 gdb xfce4-menueditor
- - - end quote - - -

I'm guessing the problem is "(no debugging symbols found)" and I have to
employ Synaptic again or unearth some configuration file and do strange
things with a text editor.  Mutter, mutter.  He said it was easy,
mutter, mutter.

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org