xfce4-appfinder won't start

JoeHill joehill at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 15 22:15:51 CET 2007

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 13:35:24 +0100
Benedikt Meurer got an infinite number of monkeys to type out:

> > Hi!
> >
> > I get the following error when I try to start the appfinder. The
> > appfinder used to work with XUbuntu 6.06 but now it stopped working.
> >

> > rpa at milazzo:~$ xfce4-appfinder
> > *** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x080a2ae8 ***
> > Aborted
> > rpa at milazzo:~$

Hey, that's *exactly* what's happening to me! I hate to say it, but I'm glad to
see I'm not the only one :-\

> Err, certainly a question for the mailinglist.

That's exactly what I was intending to do, only I did the unthinkably *stupid*
(I realize now, after being very quickly apprised of this) thing of posting
'test' instead...sorry about that all.

What else can I (and Rene) post that would help find the sol'n to this?
Appfinder has very quickly become a godsend to me in finding a lot of cool
'hidden' apps and games for the other users on this system.

Many thanks for posting about this, Rene!

--
JoeHill