I lost my panel

Frank Bell frankwbell at comcast.net
Sun Jan 14 01:19:17 CET 2007

I have just started mucking about with XFCE and really like my system
performance using it as an interface.  Apps I use frequently, such as Open
Office, load noticeably faster than under KDE.  (In the past, I've used
KDE primarily, with occasional forays into Fluxbox.)  Indeed, I've chosen
to flee to it from KDE.

So I was messing around today and lost the panel.  I was SUed as root
installing some cursor themes from xfce-look.org when it happened. The
subdirectory structure under /home/[username]/.config seems okay.

The menu and taskbar are still there, and the panel configuration window
loads.  I've tried changing the panel configuration and saving the change,
doing that and exiting and restarting XFCE, doing that and rebooting, etc.

I even uninstalled the XFCE package and reinstalling it, using the
Slackware package tool, but still no panel.

Any suggestions as to where I should look?

Thanks.

Dell Inspiron 6000, Celeron 1.3 GHz , 512 MB RAM, Slackware Linux 10.2,
Opera 9.02, F-Prot Antivirus, Linux rc.firewall Firewall

--
Blogging from Pine View Farm--http://frankwbell.no-ip.info/weblog
Updates daily.  Worthwhile updates occasionally.

Slackware (http://www.slackware.com) and Opera (http://www.opera.com):
the ultimate internet experience.