Start a program in a special Screen

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Thu Jan 11 09:57:08 CET 2007

Erik Harrison wrote:
> On 1/10/07, TerryJ <listmail at exemail.com.au> wrote:
>
>> This is like a treasure hunt.
>>
>> I cannot find anything that tells me how to "use the session-manager".
>>

> To quote the message you just responded to:
>
> "the session-manager also remembers which applications you had running
> when you last logged out (and saved your session!)"
>
> Just setup your desktop the way you want it to be when you log in,
> running apps on whatever desktop you want. Once you've comfortable
> configured everything, log out, checking the box to save your session.
>
> The next time you log in, everything should be exactly as it was when
> you logged out, with one caveat - applications have to be what's
> called "session aware" for this to work. Firefox is the most used app
> that isn't session aware.
>
> All of that said, the session manager isn't the solution to the
> problem stated by the original poster. The OP wanted to be able to
> launch on specific desktops via the panel launchers themselves. To
> answer that question, no, the panel does not support launching apps on
> anything other than the current workspace.

Thanks.  I was expecting to find an answer to the original question.
Leaving applications open when shutting down is no solution.

Even if applications opened on the workspace where you click on the
launcher would help.  I shall just have to stay put and wait patiently.

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org