dial up connection

Mark Grieveson dg135 at torfree.net
Mon Jan 8 05:01:49 CET 2007

Hello.  Is there a graphical application for achieving a dial-up connection for xfce?  I don't wish to use kppp, or gnome-ppp.

I've used wvdial, but I find it only works as root.  As a regular user it states that it cannot access pppd, instructing me to check my permissions.  I've checked, and regular users have read permission, with the program being labelled executable.  Does it need write permission?

Anyway, I would still prefer to find a simple, usable graphical program that doesn't rely on kde or gnome.  Installing kppp or gnome-ppp would be an excessively large install, I suspect (the programs themselves aren't large, but with the various dependencies they would have, I'm guessing  the actual install would be quite big).

Mark