OT - 1440x900 resolution in settings

Les Gray lgray at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jan 7 17:41:15 CET 2007

Your model nvidia card may not be supported well by the open-source 'nv'
driver. You can check if it is by looking at the list of supported
chipsets in /var/log/Xorg.0.log . If you don't see your model there you
will need to install the binary driver from nvidia.com, following the
instructions for doing so provided by your distro (emerge <nvidia>?).

You should install this driver anyway IMHO because it gives you better
video performance all round.

Also, you've specified two devices in your xorg.conf - your nvidia card
and a generic 'vga' card. I don't know much about Gentoo but I'm pretty
sure you don't need to be loading two video modules. You only appear to
have one monitor so you should comment out/delete the 'vga' section in
the 'Device' section, and just have the nvidia card section.

Cheers,
Les