taskbar problem

Les Gray lgray at bigpond.net.au
Mon Jan 1 17:22:58 CET 2007

Hallo all,

I use Xubuntu AMD64 6.10 which ships with Xfce 4.3.99.1. I don't like
the default layout and one thing I do is switch the taskbar to the top
panel. Here it rests between the menu button and a few app launchers on
the left, and the system tray, clock, and exit button on the right.

But, unlike when it's on the bottom panel, it refuses to use all the
available free panel space. It just stays in one half of it.

I tried dragging it bigger, but the bar just moves from one half of the
panel to the other. Increasing the minimum task size makes a slight
improvement, but the bar still doesn't use all the space. At any size
larger than 450, the tray, clock, and exit button get pushed off the screen.

I looked at the config files in ~/.config/xfce4/panel but there aren't
any settings I could see which would fix this.

Perhaps there's some option like 'full-size taskbar on all panels=1'? I
hope so. :)

Anyway, can anybody help with this?

Cheers and Happy New Year,

Les