Annoying bug regarding active sticky windows in Xfwm4

Mişu Moldovan dumol at gnome.ro
Sun Feb 25 11:33:09 CET 2007

Hi all,

Since I've first tried the great Xfce 4.4 series (starting with rc1)
I've been bothered by a different behaviour of the windows that are
present in all workspaces, a behaviour that was not present in
the 4.0.x and 4.2.x series.

I have the habit of keeping my Gaim conversation window present in all
workspaces. When I have a new message in one of it's tabs the Gaim's
systray icon blinks and I switch the Gaim's conversation window to
front in order to read the message and answer to it. Let's say I'm in
workspace 4 and I switch to workspace 3 when answering in order to
view details that are only available in that workspace. Then I get back
to workspace 4 and return to normal work and the Gaim window is no more
the active window. However, the Gaim window remains the active window in
workspace 3 (which is fine by me) and if I quickly change to workspace
3 and then back to workspace 4 it becomes active in workspace 4 too
(this is what bothers me).

There are times when I have to switch to all my workspaces, one by
one, in order to make sure the Gaim conversation window is not active on
any of them, otherwise sooner or later it becomes active in other
workspaces too just by switching back and forth. This is annoying and
although I've tried to live with it, I couldn't, and for the moment I
have given up sticky windows because of this.

I am more than eager to test any patch that fixes this.

Thank you,

--
mişu