Restoring Wallpaper

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Feb 23 15:20:45 CET 2007

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007, Peggy Kutyla wrote:

> Is xfdesktop4 running? Is the checkbox "enable xfce to manage your
> desktop" set (xfce setting manager/desktop) ?

Peggy,

   There's no 'xfdesktop4' here, but there is /usr/bin/xfdesktop. It was not
running. When I invoked it, the background image came up, but with
horizontal bands of blue across the top and bottom edges. Changing the
designation from 'auto' to 'stretched,' 'centered,' or the other choices
makes no difference.

   There is no checkbox for 'enable xfce to manage your desktop' on the
backdrop or menu display.

   When I can remove the bars by having the image extend from the top to the
bottom of the monitor, I'll be back in business.

   I've had the panel disappear in the past and learned to invoke that
manually to restore it, but the desktop is a new one here.

Thanks,

Rich