panel configuration issue

Dominik Klein dk at in-telegence.net
Thu Feb 22 10:23:45 CET 2007

You have to edit ~/.config/xfce4/panel/panels.xml while xfce is NOT
running. Put an entry like
<item name="launcher" id="11697184144"/>
with the number corresponding to your rc-file in your appropriate panel
block and start xfce.

Foxy schrieb:
> Several times something happened to my xfce4-panel configuration and all
>   my panels with plugins and launchers were gone. I still can see them
> in .config/xfce4/panel but not on my screen. Every time I had to restore
> everything manually. It is easy for plugins but a but tedious for
> launchers. Any way I can use old launcher-xxxxxxxxxx.rc files for a new
> panel?

This should only happen if xfce crashes or is not shut down correctly by
the way.