Xfburn Problems

tomw at videotron.ca tomw at videotron.ca
Tue Feb 20 13:27:03 CET 2007

Le jeudi 15 février 2007 à 03:58 +0000, tomw at videotron.ca a écrit :
> Jean-François  tried to use the SVN version of Xfburn to create a bootable CD from a iso image.
> Although the burn process appeared to complete successfully, I was unable to boot from the CD.

Now that xfburn relies on libburn, either it's me that forgot to set
something before starting the burning process or libburn is failing
somewhere.

> However I was able to create the CD with K3B using the same image.Perhaps I made a mistake using
> Xfburn .... although your user interface was easy to understand.
Is there any "bootable disc" option available when burning an iso in
k3b ?

I don't see a "make bootable"  option with k3b.
As far as l know (not a expert) a linux distro iso image should be bootable.
I'll be burning another iso linux distro in a few weeks.
(I'll compile xfburn from the latest SVN and try again ... stay tuned.)