Tips for autostart - startup time

TerryJ listmail at exemail.com.au
Sun Feb 18 07:25:33 CET 2007

I had a desktop file in Autostart for Bittorrent because I was providing
seeding.

I found that the application was very slow to start and was prolonging
startup time, so I removed it.  Are there any tweaks to avoid that
consequence?  I'm downloading at present and would like to autostart
Bittorrent again when downloading is complete so that I don't forget to
reciprocate seeding.

One point that occurs to me.  Is there some way of setting a start-up
sequence for applications which launch at startup so they are not all
trying to grab resources at the same time?  Three of the applications I
have starting at log in are not in Autostart but are left open when I
shut down.  Would it be better to use autostart files, in which case, is
there such a thing as an autoclose function? :-\

--

Regards, TerryJ

Using Xfce on PCLinuxOS. www.revivalcentres.org