"New" XFCE User - a Few Q's

Jeffrey Sabarese core5fedora at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 00:31:32 CET 2007

Hi there! Thank you much, for your generous replies to my inquiry.
Bob! I had a good friend years ago named "Bob Snyder"... oh the
debauchery of our motley crew!!! hee hee
:)

anyway-- i hope it's okay that i also Cc'd the three of you who did
reply directly. i realize this may be poor etiquette, so please let me
know the preferred. obviously i was trying to get your attention,
specifically. i would not Cc you otherwise, but i would like to know
regardless.

okay. the [ xfce4-autostart-editor ] sounds very much like something i
probably want to "play around with". THANK YOU for the insight!
however, the "session save" trick is cool too-- and a great idea, i'd
say, so thanks for that as well! (haha-- likely may be my approach at
first)

@Terry: I do not understand what you mean by:
"...The non-index mouse button on the panel >context menu >add new item
 >Window List..."
please explain when you have time. hopefully i'll understand if i try
a few things.

@Peggy: your recommendation to "right click on the taskbar will give
you the option to show all apps in all desktop", i believe is what i
meant by "it seems to run out of room". i like that method a lot
because it is convenient to see "everything" which is "open", yet i
found that some of the "later opened" apps were simply "not there" for
no space. perhaps there is "more space" somewhere that i can't see /
don't know how to view, or perhaps this is simply the way it works.

@Bob, i don't believe i tried the "middle-click", so i will give that
a whirl and see if it's what i'm looking for. i'm guessing that Bob's
method, or Terry's which i didn't understand are probably what i'm
looking for. it's no "huge" problem.

i researched: the thing i've referenced, in the case of KDE, is the
"Show Window List button" option of the KDE Panel's "Taskbar" (which
looks like an arrow pointing up next to my tray of open apps. clicking
it reveals the menu of all apps, all desktops). i figure you all
understood, but wanted to confirm.

thank you very much. i believe this satisfies my interests. If i
continue to have difficulty, i'll post again, but for all intents and
purposes, i think you can consider me "good to go".

:)

thanks!
-Jeff Sabarese
http://novicenotes.net