Creating and placing short cuts on desktop

Gerard Seibert gerard at seibercom.net
Fri Feb 16 19:29:57 CET 2007

OK, I am a brand new user of xfce4. I have it installed on a FreeBSD-6.2
system.

This is probably a really stupid question, never-the-less, how do I
create and place a short cut on the desktop? I can do it rather easily
in KDE, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do it in xfce. I want to
create short cuts to several web sites that I visit.

Thanks!

--
Gerard

    "It is not the OS's job to stop you from shooting your foot. If you so
    choose to do so, then it is OS's job to deliver Mr. Bullet to Mr Foot in
    the most efficient way it knows."