Battery Plugin Not Working -- SOLVED!

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Feb 14 15:53:19 CET 2007

On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, Rich Shepard wrote:

>   I've installed the battery plugin -- the latest version -- on my
> notebook running Slackware. It did not work on the -10.x distributions and
> it's not working on the -11.0 distribution. The CPU and memory monitor
> plugins work just fine, but there's no information on the battery's charge
> status when I pause the cursor on the icon.

   What I did not realize, and did not learn until yesterday from someone on
the local linux mail list, is that the battery module was not loaded.
Despite my configuring the kernel for use on a portable, this was missed.
The module is there, but not automagically loaded.

   Running 'modprobe battery' totally resolved the issue. That's now in
/etc/modules.conf and in /etc/rc.d/rc.local (just in case).

   Problem solved.

Rich