xfce desktop icons: single click possible?

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Thu Feb 8 21:32:08 CET 2007

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> On 2/8/2007 7:34 AM, Eberhard Roloff wrote:
>
>> However, I dislike that I need to doubleclick on a XFCE desktop icon in
>> order to activate it. From KDE I am used to single click and even on
>> window$ I always configure the desktop to work on single click.
>>
>> Is there a possibility to do this in XFCE? How can I do it?
>
> Nope.
>
> 	-brian

Thanks, Brian,

while nope is basically ok for me, I wonder why the click-behaviour of
xfce is so inconsistent.

Ex. in Thunar, which I find great btw, you can configure oneclick
activation,

One click on the panel will activate the relevant menue or application,
One click in the app menu activates the application that is clicked
once, but on the desktop, two clicks are needed.

I am in no way saying that one click is better, but if one click is an
option at any edge, why is it not useable as an option on the desktop?

thanks and regards
Eberhard