xfce desktop icons: single click possible?

Eberhard Roloff tuxebi at gmx.de
Thu Feb 8 16:34:09 CET 2007

Hi,
I am happily using more and more the XFCE desktop 4.4 on OpenSuse 10.2
as an alternative to the imho. sometimes slow and bloated KDE or Gnome
Desktops.

However, I dislike that I need to doubleclick on a XFCE desktop icon in
order to activate it. From KDE I am used to single click and even on
window$ I always configure the desktop to work on single click.

Is there a possibility to do this in XFCE? How can I do it?

I searched google with "+xfce +desktop icon +single click", searched the
xfce mailing list and tried with mouse settings and desktop settings and
any other settings that I could find from the xfce Panel menu/Settings,
anything to no avail.

Thanks much for your help
Eberhard