GTK+2 Application Themes

Stefan Schwarzburg stefan.schwarzburg at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:26:49 CET 2007

Hi

   I was surprised to discover that none of the existing themes in
> /usr/share/themes are displayed in the settings manager, even if I rename
> them to Xfce-whatever. What might be causing this behavior?

I don't know, because they are displayed on my system. But you have to know,
that some of them are not gtk+2 themes, but Xfwm border themes, metacity
themes (which you can not use) or KDE-something themes (you can't use them
either for gtk+2).
You can change the border of your windows under Settings->Window Manager
Settings->Style, there you should see all the Xfwm themes from
/usr/share/themes and $HOME/.themes.

Stefan

> Rich
>
> --
> Richard B. Shepard, Ph.D.               |    The Environmental Permitting
> Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc.        |          Accelerator(TM)
> <http://www.appl-ecosys.com>     Voice: 503-667-4517      Fax:
> 503-667-8863

Institut für Astronomie und Astrophysik
Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen