Building xfburn on Dapper Dan

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:19:37 CET 2007

On 2/8/07, Alexander Toresson <alexander.toresson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2/8/07, tomw at videotron.ca <tomw at videotron.ca> wrote:
> > I'm trying to build xfburn on a Ubuntu Dapper Dan system.
> >
> > autogen.sh fails with the following error message:
> >
> > checking for libburn-1 >= 0.3.0... found, but 0.2
> > *** The required package libburn-1 was found on your system,
> > *** but the installed version (0.2) is too old.
> > *** Please upgrade libburn-1 to atleast version 0.3.0,
> >
> > I changed my sources.list to point to the edgy repositories (most recent release of Ubuntu)
> > to see if a upgrade was available.  There is for libburn-dev but to install it would have to remove
> > all kinds of "stuff" X11 ... no kidding.
> >
> > Any suggestions for a possible work around?
> >

> I just checked, and there's no libburn >= 0.3.0 available anywhere in
> Ubuntu. I've got the same problem here on Debian, so I'm not able to
> build it either. Guess you'd have to install libburn 0.3.0 or newer
> from source, but I haven't bothered doing so.
>
> Regards, Alexander Toresson

Actually, after further investigation, there doesn't seem to be any
libburn 0.3.0 available anywhere, not even in upstream cvs:
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/burn/burn/configure.ac?revision=1.32&view=markup

Then I found http://freshmeat.net/projects/libburnia/?branch_id=67543&release_id=245264
. This seems to be another library or at least a fork. A bit confusing
that the name is libburnia while the tarball is named
libburn-0.3.0.1.tar.gz and the .pc still has the same name as the one
in libburn.

After taking a bit closer look on it it does seem like a fork, but
with an unchanged name...

Regards, Alexander Toresson