Text under desktop icons

Niki Kovacs contact at kikinovak.net
Tue Feb 6 07:31:12 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using XFCE 4.4.0 on KateOS 3.2. My system is in french, so
"Filesystem" becomes "Système de fichiers", and "Floppy" becomes
"Lecteur de disquettes". This text below the desktop icons gets
truncated, so under the floppy disk icon I have "Lecteur de dis...", and
under my filesystem icon I read "Système de fi...". Now, when I
single-click on an icon, the box surrounding the text is highlighted...
and the whole text appears very cleanly on two lines.

Q: is there a way I can make the text always appear on two lines, like
this, so it doesn't get truncated?

BTW, I'm the sysadmin of several public libraries and town halls here in
South France, and pretty much every desktop here runs the latest
XFCE-4.4.0 (themes: RedmondXP + xfce-redmondxp + Tango, so people think
they still use Windows :oD). Until recently I've been using Slackware,
but I discovered KateOS, a very well-made XFCE-centered Slackware fork.
Crisp, fast, stable, clean, with a nice artwork: highly recommendable
for every user who wants a nice XFCE out of the box.

Cheers,

Niki Kovacs